Friday, December 15, 2006

religious music playlists

yeah, it's late.

The playlists were pretty cool, I guess.

From the first one, I especially liked "John the Revelator," "Blind Barnabus," "Mother Bowed," "Move On Up A Little Higher," "and "I'll Be Rested." My significantish connection to other things we've talked about: "John the Revelator" uses call and response, a common musical technique in roots music. From the second one my favourites were "You'd Better Mind," "I'm in the Battlefield for My Lord," "Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb," and "I'll Never Turn Back No More." The last being my very favourite. Sweet chords. Have you heard Bjork's album Medulla? Some of the same chords. Anyway, arguably significant connection: In "Your Enemy Cannot Harm You," the guitar finishes the sentences, similar to "Spoonful."
Pretty much I liked songs with really sweet basses and harmonies.

No comments: