Saturday, December 16, 2006

Blog Summary

I don't know how to tell who is in our section so I am just going through everyone's.
Also, I had a grade on this already even though I haven't done it. But I'm doing it. If my grade was better than this is worth, then I think I should get the higher for my academic honesty. But I don't care so whatev.

The Little Rabbit is sad because s/he wanted to go to the Jazz Dance. (I-T-apostrophe-S)
Nieve Bloggin' talked about how we shouldn't be suprised that this wasn't the 'easy a' class we thought it would be. He also posted about Jamboree, specifically the Insects booth. He dug the radio show, more or less. He also supports the current events theme I talked about in my previous blog. "I personally feel that this theme would be generous in adding to our campus’s global awareness. Along with this I feel that it is essential, as students institutionalized in academia, to be aware (and humbled) by serious events and situations across the world." Well said!
nic_mcphee_is_a_dancing_elf. & used to wear suspenders. Smoking is bad. "The problem is that the claim that smoking (or not wearing a seatbelt or a bicycle helmet or whatever) only hurts the fool is based on a sad and ultimately unacceptable assumption that there is and will be no love in that person’s world when the odds come for their due. To watch my mother hold Dad while he’s vomiting again in the middle of the night, to hear her voice break on the phone after spending another all-nighter with him at the hospital, all this shatters any arguments that the impact of these choices is limited. We are people, and that has implications.
When my father started smoking in the early 40’s, there was no broad understanding of the horrible risks involved, and as that data became clearer the tobacco industry spent millions to confuse and obfuscate the issues. At some point when I was a kid (late 60’s, early 70’s) Dad became convinced and stopped cold, an action I have always admired.
Today’s students can’t claim ignorance, and I sure as hell hope they don’t plan on lonely, loveless lives. I know that I have higher aspirations for them…"
MyFYS posted a discussion summary.
MCFYS posted a blog summary.
LZFYS (Lindsey) posted a discussion summary, talked about commercial (adverstisments) music, and School of Rock.
LSFYS did a blog summary.
KF FYS Roots thinks you should listen to more NPR.
K Rivers did a really late discussion summary like me.
Jacknife's Jottings notes that s/he wishes that s/he had known his/her grade earlier, like the rest of us. Also, a blog summary.
J Web FYS-now understands that hot country and roots country are very different. "Country music isn't all that bad, I like how all country songs share sincerity and a sense of hardships. Also, listening to it is not all that bad either, some of it sounds a lot like blues, and some sounds closer to rock."
Hockey FYS thought Jamboree went very well.
Greenstar did the extra credit paper on a Kitty Wells song.
Fancy Feet liked our FYS and Jamboree, and would do them again.
Culture Jammer expected FYS to be an easy A, but now is glad that it wasn't because s/he "never liked commie classes like that when it doesn't matter what you do."

Word.

No comments: